Updated: May 22, 2020
Things that I learnt from my first 4 years of “quarantine” as a mom of a kid with special needs. I hope this helps someone today. Love to all❤️
1. Complaining doesn’t help.
2. Self pity doesn’t help.
3. Pour your soul to God and to a loved one or someone who understands you, listens and cares.
4. See what you can do with what you have at the moment.
5. Find reasons to be grateful for what you have and where you are right now in your life.
6. Believe that God is in control no matter what you see or feel at the moment.
7. Do not give into fear but remain in faith. Keep your eyes on Jesus. Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Read the Bible!!! Spend time with God as often as you can. He loves you and cares about you. Talk to him about everything and ask Him for help.
8. Limit the time spent with people that drain you.
9. Stay away from things that are not good for you, steal your energy and become a distraction.
11. Go for a walk
14. Do not keep any resentment in your heart!
15. Take care of yourself the best you can. If you fall apart, you will not be able to take care of your loved ones.
16. Come up with a structure or schedule that works for you and your family. Having a routine is great for the whole family. Even though you can’t do many things, there are still things you can find to do and connect as a family.
17. Laugh and play with your kids and husband. Be silly and get a genuine interest in what your kids like!
18. Put your kid to sleep and have a date with your spouse! You can have a great indoors date while the kid is sleeping! Have fun and find creative ways to enjoy time with each other!
19. Find a way to get a brake from everyone. Even if it is just in the shower. Or go for a walk if you can. You need to breathe and pause. Get out of your head!
20. Do something you enjoy. I can’t stress enough the importance of this right now.
21. Find a way to use your gifts and talents in the service of others.
22. Stay connected. Do not isolate yourself! Having phone conversation or FaceTime is great!
23. Be plugged in a support group. I am so grateful for my sisters in Christ, for our bible studies and prayer!
24. Let go of control. Do what you can but understand that God is in charge. You can Not change certain situation or people. But you can always pray for them, love them and forgive them.
25. No matter how you feel, do the right thing. Maybe nobody sees you or appreciate you at the moment, but God sees everything.
26. Always remember that God loves you and that you are His creation. Get to know God! Amazing peace comes to those who seek God and spend time with Him! Surrender your life to Him! He surrender his son Jesus for you! Believe that Jesus died for your sins and that you are forgiven because He paid your debt (paid for your sins).